I equipped both of my planes with Xcom radios.  They fit a 2 -1/2" hole, have an integral intercom that works well, and they work well as a radio.  Pretty simple installation.  I've been pretty happy with both of them.

http://www.xcom-usa.com/store/store.html

-Jeff Scott
Cherokee Village, AR

Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 3:29 PM
From: "Samuel Spanovich via KRnet" <krnet@list.krnet.org>
To: krnet@list.krnet.org
Cc: "Samuel Spanovich" <spanovich...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: KR> N6399U Sam Spanovich Here Again: Thank you All/Radio Problems
Also, in regard to the "Radio Problems", my Radio in N6399U went out
(failed mid flight coming home from Hattiesburg MS). Was going to ask
politely, if anybody has a recommendation on a good replacement radio. I
currently have an TKM MX11, and was just going to order another unit,
however if there are better units out there (and I'm sure there are, I am
just not "too familiar with avionics), I would love to hear what you all
have to say. I will be using a handheld in the meantime.