Jeff said,

> "I wouldn't count on it being approved for use in the US in it's
current implementation."

You're right about that of course - after all you've been through with
your units, in addition to those who were counting on Navworx to be
approved, I think it's not wise to count on anything just yet.  Low cost
solutions like these uAvionix products are still evolving and the FAA is
still in process of deciding what is portable and what is not portable
and for which category of aircraft, etc.  It's still very much in flux -
except for those who have put as much effort into their systems as you
have and/or those who just bit the bullet and bought a Lynx or Garmin
all-in-one $3500 solution.

I really like my KT-76A with ACK-30 encoder.  It always passes its 24
month checks and is paid for and works extremely well.  I've often
checked with ATC to see if my encoder is matching the altitude I think
I'm at . . . especially when there's weather around, and it always does.
ACK will re-calibrate their encoders for free and Sparky and I sent ours
in just to get the latest firmware installed several years ago.  So, in
my case, I'm going to get an ADS-B unit that sniffs the
transponder/encoder and (hopefully) will work with the Garmin 660.  The
uAvionix products look very promising.  The echoUAT currently available
currently solves my situation (if I include their optional GPS puck that
goes with it) although I suspect uAvionix is going to announce that
they've put an approved GPS inside the case - like the one available in
the UK, and charge about $1300 for a complete solution.  That's the
obvious next step for them . . . and I'm in no hurry.

Mike
KSEE