Thanks Jeff for the heads-up on the current deal from Spruce and
Sporty's.  I'm looking for a 1090ES Out unit that is not a transponder.
I don't intend to replace my excellent old KT-76A with ACK encoder.
Since I intend to finally upgrade my navigator from my reliable old
AnywhereMap ATC, I long ago decided on a Garmin 660 which limits me to a
Garmin receiver for ADS-B In.  It's roughly the same size as my ATC, has
a brilliant sunlight-readable screen and has a worldwide geographical
database plus the North America database that includes Canada and Mexico.
 It includes all the IFR appraches plus has vertical navigation that
would allow one to create their own ad-hoc approaches.  It's the cat's
meow.   It requires a Garmin receiver to feed it ADS-B info, so I'm
planning to buy a used GDL-39 on eBay.  I've seen them go for as little
as $300 as people upgrade their panels and sell the old stuff on eBay.

If anyone spots a ADS-B Out 1090ES unit - something similar to the ECHO
UAT unit Jeff has mentioned, let me know please.

Mike
KSEE