Every (and I'm not exagerrating) . . . EVERY botched landing ending with
a damaged aircraft that I've ever seen was due to coming in too fast,
bouncing a number of times, then finally trying to force it on the
ground, ending up with at the very least a bent nose gear but usually a
ruined prop and an engine what likely needs a tear down.  Not just with
KR's but ESPECIALLY with KR's.  KR's come in "naturally" fast.  Advising
someone to "carry an extra 10% of speed" on their first landing is about
the last thing I would ever suggest to someone getting ready to fly their
KR for the first time.  Carrying unnecessary speed is the single most
negative factor of all in "first flight" accidents.

My two cents worth of "first flight" - advice, if you touch down and
bounce, especially if you bounce more than once, DON'T try and save the
landing.  Go around and bring it in slower on your next approach.

Mike
KSEE