Jeb,

What the varieze and longeze guys do to set the axle where they want them is
mix up flox, which is resin and cotton fibers mixed together to fill between
the bottom of the landing gear and the inboard end of the wheel axle where it
bolts to the fiberglass landing gear. Rough sand the landing gear for adhesion
of course and the bottom line is you are making a resin/flox wedge. Be sure to
paint pure resin on the landing gear before adding the flox mixture. Personally
I would put the current bolts in loosely, set the angle I wanted on the axle
then fill behind it with the flox mixture and let it cure. The flox mixture is
considered structural in this case.
An alternative is find some Cessna pre-made wedges that are used on those
certified aircraft to set the axles at the correct angle.
 I personally would not make changes at the spar mounting bracket.

Larry H