I would do as Larry H recommends.  If you find that you have a significant
angle under the head of the bolts or the nuts, you can buy self aligning
washers, which is a dome shaped washer that fits into a dish shaped washer that
will allow for an even load on the bolt head even if the holes are at a bit of
an angle.  You can see the same repair on the gear legs on the GlasAir there at
LAM, as I did the same repair on it to fix the alignment several years ago.

-Jeff Scott