Mark Jones wrote:

>> I have a balanced elevator. And will balance ailerons. Just wondering if the rudder really needs balancing. Trying to save weight. So far this build is 64 lbs lighter than my first build at this stage.<<

I don't recall anybody ever alleging that rudder flutter was an issue on KRs, and it's definitely not in the plans, so I'd skip the rudder balancing. Having said that, I do have a bit of an "aerodynamic balance" on N56ML, but that's because I wanted to add more rudder than the length of the existing vertical stabilizer, so I scabbed on a couple of inches of both rudder and above the vertical stab just get get more rudder action. http://www.n56ml.com/kmlvs20.jpg shows the rudder when I thought I was finished with it, but later it looks like the photo at http://www.n56ml.com/900hour/100727794.jpg . This was one of the Airventure Cup races I've run in....

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com