Hi Sam,
I went through this same situation with my plane a while back.

I replaced the Slick mag, a non-rebuildable model, with the SDS system, and did
so for the same reasons, i.e. new tech, similar price point.  I had a lot of
difficulty getting the wiring done correctly to allow me to perform a "mag
check" to confirm the remaining mag and the EI.  Many thanks to Jeff Scott for
figuring out my wiring issues...

It cost me a considerable amount of down time, but the system seems to work
well.  I haven't put very much time on it due to other life issues.
Were I to do it again, I would have spent a little more money and put in an
e-mag.  Much simpler upgrade, and not electrically dependent, and I would have
been back in the air much sooner.
My .00002 cents!
-Troy

    On Thursday, April 9, 2020, 9:53:15 AM CDT, Samuel Spanovich via KRnet