Thanks for all the input.  I definitely forgot about the Barringer Crater.
Going to make adjustments to fly by it while I'm at it as well as consider
some of the eating stops.  I can pretty easily make it with 3 fuel stops
but I'll probably do more.

This is a bit of a sad flight for me as it will be the last one in this
aircraft.  I bought it right after I got my multi to build time and have
flown it on quite a few memorable flights.  I really wish I didn't need to
sell it but It has not seen nearly enough flying the last few years as I
haven't had to take many long trips. If I keep it, it will die to hangar
rot so I've decided it's time to move it on.  I'm delivering it to its new
owners in Fresno.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 3:14 PM Ray_pilot <n24...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow.  I am jealous.  You are living my dream.  Wonderful route.
> My plan is to (one day) fly to Alaska.  Definitely on my bucket list.
> But I would do California first.
>
> Ray_pilot
> New Orleans
>

> On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 10:59 AM Dr. Feng Hsu via KRnet <
> krnet@list.krnet.org> wrote:
>
>> Actually from Dallas to Payton AZ is probably an excellent choice if you
>> wish to avoid high density altitude airports like Albuquerque... Plus,
>> Payton AZ is truly a beautiful place to land and spend a night or two to
>> enjoy everything around there! I spent a night with a friend (Airforce
>> pilot) at Payton AZ back in February when bringing my Cherokee back from
>> San Diego, and we have always wanted to go back there ever since....
>>
>> Dr. Hsu
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 9, 2020, 1:48 AM Gary Sack via KRnet <krnet@list.krnet.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I bought 81 JM in Tampa and flew long legs (I was avoiding landings).
>> Tampa
>> > to New Orleans...to someplace in Texas...to Winslow AZ...to San Carlos
>> CA.
>> > Over a period of three days. Worked out pretty well. No high country or
>> bad
>> > weather. Enjoyed the AZ meteor crater but missed the Sierras and Grand
>> > Canyon

>> CA.

>> krnet-le...@list.krnet.org

Jason Brooks