On 4/12/2021 11:35 PM, Phillip Matheson wrote:
I left my Drumman leg the length it came  I Just cut same profile to fit the Kr
gear brackets m. I have noticed now it’s a complete fuselage, it a big step to
get up onto the wing walk. I’m 6 feet tall, so a shorter person will have
trouble.

My Diehl legs are 30" long, the standard legs are 24".  My KR sets rather tall also but I think it is just right.  I'm 6'4" and simply step in to the cockpit one leg at a time and set on the seat back to enter.  The taller 3 point stance allows for a lower touchdown speed in a tail low wheel landing.  If I were to build again I would use the same configuration.  Except maybe in a tri-gear KR there is no such thing as a "full stall" landing. Even with my 30" legs I can touch tailwheel first with the wing still flying. Once the tailwheel touches it brings the mains down with a "thud".  A "three point" landing takes too much precision. I only do tail low wheel landings.

Larry Flesner