Pods should be able to communicate across namespaces by default.  Can
you clarify what you tried that isn't working?

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 3:33 AM, Jo Ho <johnandrewhor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have been looking at ways to have pods and services communicate with each
> other when they are in different namespaces. Is there an official way of
> doing this? I have looked at setting up services and external routes, but my
> preference is to minimise "knowledge leak" from the namespaces i.e. to not
> have to have the requirement for the orginating pod to have to have
> knowledge of the endpoint service (that is to say, it would be good to have
> the equest to be transparent)
> Is this possible or does the orginating pod have to specify the fqdn of the
> service in the other namespace? is there a way of proxying the request so
> the originating pod can talk to the proxy and the proxy deals with the
> communication to the other service in the other namespace?
> Thanks!

  • [kubernetes-user... Jo Ho
    • Re: [kubern... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: [ku... 'Daniel Smith' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • Re:... Jo Ho
          • ... Rodrigo Campos
            • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
            • ... Matthias Rampke
              • ... Rodrigo Campos
                • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A