I don't see the gain, really. It seems complicated with no good reason.

But sure, create a service in ns A named like the service in B you want to
access (or whatever) and make a pod that proxies the service. If it's http,
you can use nginx or something like that.

But why do you want that? Are you sure?

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016, Jo Ho <johnandrewhor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a pod in namespace A to access a service in namespace B
> via a service in namespace A which proxies the request (so only the proxy
> service needs to know about namespace B etc)
> Is this possible?
>
> On Monday, October 10, 2016 at 6:33:44 PM UTC+1, Daniel Smith wrote:
>
>> I think the request is for e.g. a version of Ingress that runs within
>> namespace A and exposes services running in namespace B under new DNS
>> names. Or auto-populated headless services.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 8:23 AM, 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user
>> discussion and Q&A <kubernet...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Pods should be able to communicate across namespaces by default.  Can
>>> you clarify what you tried that isn't working?

>>> each
>>> of
>>> but my
>>> not
>>> have
>>> of the
>>> so

>>> --
>>>

>> --
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com');>.

  • [kubernetes-user... Jo Ho
    • Re: [kubern... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: [ku... 'Daniel Smith' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
        • Re:... Jo Ho
          • ... Rodrigo Campos
            • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
            • ... Matthias Rampke
              • ... Rodrigo Campos
                • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A