On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 03:13:52PM +0100, Jörn Schönyan wrote:
> Am Montag, 27. Oktober 2014 14:56:27 CEST schrieb Scarlett Clark:
> >On Monday, October 27, 2014 12:50:11 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> >>Well done on a great job on Kubuntu 14.10 everyone, doing two flavours
> >>of Kubuntu is quite a feat and I think we pulled it off well.
> >>
> >>Time to look at 15.04, Vivid.
> >>
> >>The big decision is whether to switch to Plasma 5.  My opinion is that
> >>the stability is pleasingly good and there's only a few missing
> >
> >If SDDM gets sorted, YES. Otherwise a big NO.
> >Scarlett
> >
> I would like to ask, why SDDM? LightDM is some kind of a hard dependency
> for Nvidia Optimus hardware. Even if I, on the other side, would be happy
> if SDDM works. Lubuntu will probably want to use it, too.

Upstream KDE default is SDDM so we'd like to go with what KDE suggest.
KDE went with SDDM because they were scared off by the Canonical
contributor agreement (a bit silly since they happily do it for Qt).
Fixing nvidia-prime to work with SDDM sounds entirely do-able, it
needs a script to run at login as I remember.

Jonathan