Glad to hear it's going well!

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 11:06 PM, Franklin Weng
<frank...@goodhorse.idv.tw> wrote:
> Gosh, Kubuntu 18.04 32-bit iso works now.
>
> I just tried with Ubuntu 18.04 32-bit successfully, then tried Kubuntu 18.04
> 32-bit again.
>
> IT
> WORKS
> THIS
> TIME
>
> I'm going to jump into a lake to cool down before going on testing.
>
> BTW, 64-bit OEM installation failed, with exactly the same symptoms as last
> time I tested with 17.10.
>

> Franklin

>> Hi Valorie,

>> <valorie.zimmer...@gmail.com>:

>>> For the 32 bit ISO, we really need testing on 32 bit machines. When
>>> you run into snags please report the bugs. If it is the installer, and
>>> it sounds like it is, please run (before you reboot) `ubuntu-bug
>>> ubiquity` in the commandline and describe the issue on the bug
>>> tracker. Take note of the bug number and enter that number into the qa
>>> tracker ( http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/387/builds )
>>> and follow the test instructions. If you are unable to finish the
>>> "case" successfully, it is a fail.
>>>
>>> If we are going to provide i386 images for people who have 32-bit
>>> machines, they need to work for them. If we can't, we shouldn't
>>> provide them.
>>>
>>> Thanks so much for your help, folks! I need your reports on the qa
>>> tracker for them to count.
>>>
>>> Valorie
>>>

>> Will issue a bug.  However I wonder if it is a display driver issue.
>> After 64-bit tests are done I may test with ubuntu 18.04 32bit.
>>
>> If only Kubuntu 32 bit has this problem, maybe we need someone else to
>> test with different environment.
>>

>> Franklin

I'm having much better luck than I was with the 16.04 installer. OEM
worked for me because I loaded in Rik's patch to it by adding his ppa.

Unfortunately I couldn't even *try* oem for i386. Nor could I try a
side-by-side install -- neither option was offered! Am I the only one
seeing it? I'll be filing a bug about both in a bit.

PS: i386 lovers: We *NEED* you to test on your 32-bit machines. Today.

Valorie
--
http://about.me/valoriez