Ben-Ami Yassour wrote:
In last few tests that we made with PCI-passthrough and VT-d using
iperf, we were able to get the same throughput as on native OS with a 1G
NIC

Excellent!

 (with higher CPU utilization).

How much higher?

The following patches are the PCI-passthrough patches that Amit sent
(re-based on the last kvm tree), followed by a few improvements and the
VT-d extension.
I am also sending the userspace patches: the patch that Amit sent for
PCI passthrough and the direct-mmio extension for userspace (note that
without the direct mmio extension we get less then half the throughput).

Is mmio passthrough the reason for the performance improvement? If not, what was the problem?