Ben-Ami Yassour wrote:
That CPU utilization is extremely high and somewhat illogical if native w/vt-d has almost no CPU impact. Have you run oprofile yet or have any insight into where CPU is being burnt?

What does kvm_stat look like? I wonder if there are a large number of PIO exits. What does the interrupt count look like on native vs. KVM with VT-d?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

These are all good points and questions, I agree that we need to take a deeper look into the performance issues, but I think that we need to merge with the main KVM tree first.

It would be good to get the host interrupt rate, to confirm that the host isn't flooded with interrupts. A deeper analysis can wait.