On 10/16/2015 07:55 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
QEMU can emulate PCI soundcards, including the Intel HD Audio codec cards (-device intel-hda or -soundhw hda might do the trick). Low latency and power consumption are usually at odds with each other. That's because real-time audio requires small buffers many times per second, so lots of interrupts and power consumption. Anyway, PCI should be an improvement from USB audio. Stefan

I set it up with ich9. I switched the default audio to my headset. I hear the windows startup sound in the headset. Dragon reports that the mic is not plugged in. I can see the audio level move in the sound settings so I know the host is hearing the audio

what should I look at next?

--- eric