On 11/24/2010 07:33 PM, Gleb Natapov wrote:

>  But I don't see the point.  If you look at my repository, there's
The point is that C++ is ugly language. The short code Avi sent remind
me perl (aka line noise). It is almost impossible to parse it into
what code it actually does. Most symbols are there for C++ syntax not
functionality.

No. They're there for error handling. A C++ wrapper, doesn't add any functionality, so you can say that all of the lines of codes do nothing and are just syntax. But they do allow you to pair init and uninit (in the constructor and destructor). When you use the wrapper (as opposed to the bare C interface) you get the value by not having to code long error handling sequences (with a high probability of getting them wrong and never finding out in testing).