On 01/06/2011 09:48 AM, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to ask for advice with following problem.
I have windows 2008 terminal server guest running on 2.6.36 x86_64
host (kvm 0.13.0).
guest has 4GB of RAM, 40GB storage on top of LVM volume and two cores.
So far everything was running fine, but during periodic maintenance
I wanted to force chkdisk after reboot.
So windows started checking disk integrity, but the problem is, that
it's waaay too slow - after ~12 hours, it's still running and seeems
like it'll take ages to finish.
Both CPU cores seem to be fully loaded.
Is there some way I could check why it's taking so long, and fix
it eventually?
can I use kvm_trace to achieve this task? how?

Let's start with a few 'kvm_stat -1' snapshots while this is going on.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=virt/kvm/qemu-kvm.git;a=blob_plain;f=kvm/kvm_stat;hb=HEAD