On 01/06/2011 11:42 AM, Nikola Ciprich wrote:
>  - run trace-cmd record -e kvm -b 100000 -P pid1 -P pid2, ctrl-C after a
seems like it's not possible to specify multiple pids, so

Did you get 'overrun: something' reports from trace-cmd, where something != 0?

If you're not sure, please run the trace again. Also try adding '-r 10' to the command line.

I've run 4 commands in parallel. Also I can't get monitor information
since vm is started using libvirt, so I've just used all machine's qemu-kvm
pids..

Dan, is there a way to hijack the monitor so we can run some commands on it? Things like 'info registers' and disassembly.

hope it's OK
here's the trace:
http://nelide.cz/downloads/nik/trace.tar.bz2
n.

Looks like vcpu 1 is spinning; perhaps that's normal. If you get hold of the monitor, please disassemble around 0xfffff80001575d59.

vcpu 0 is busy writing to vga (can you confirm)? looks like bank switching is hitting synchronize_srcu_expedited(), which is known slow. Unfortunately that only gets better in 2.6.38.

You can try applying http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/sfr/linux-next.git;a=commit;h=46fdb0937f26124700fc9fc80da4776330cc00d3 and see if it helps.