Le Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 07:21:20PM +0200, Avi Kivity ecrivait :

> Start with top and vmstat to see if the cpu or I/O are the bottleneck

        with top at the kvm layer, the VM take 50% of CPU (the physical
box have 16 real cores-not HT- : AMD Opteron 6134).
        one result of vmstat :

procs -----------memory---------- ---swap-- -----io---- -system--
----cpu----
 r  b   swpd   free   buff  cache   si   so    bi    bo   in   cs us sy
id wa
 5  0      0 9904544  19612 195440    0    0     0    11    1    0  6  5
88  0

        and I run it 1H and the result is always the same (just free
result change time to time).

> (also helpful to run the Windows performance monitor in the guest).  If

        between the start of the function and the response, the are no
performance pic or something like that in Windows.

        What we can see :
        o we start the function,
        o we see network communication with the database server during
~3/4s
        o after nothing during 10s before display the result

        David.