On 21.03.2012 12:10, David Cure wrote:
                hello,

Le Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 02:38:22PM +0200, Gleb Natapov ecrivait :
Try to add<feature policy='disable' name='hypervisor'/>  to cpu
definition in XML and check command line.
        ok I try this but I can't use<cpu model>  to map the host cpu
(my libvirt is 0.9.8) so I use :

   <cpu match='exact'>
     <model>Opteron_G3</model>
     <feature policy='disable' name='hypervisor'/>
   </cpu>

        (the physical server use Opteron CPU).

        The log is here :
http://www.roullier.net/Report/report-3.2-vhost-net-1vcpu-cpu.txt.gz

        And now with only 1 vcpu, the response time is 8.5s, great
improvment. We keep this configuration for production : we check the
response time when some other users are connected.
please keep in mind, that setting -hypervisor, disabling hpet and only one vcpu
makes windows use tsc as clocksource. you have to make sure, that your vm
is not switching between physical sockets on your system and that you have
constant_tsc feature to have a stable tsc between the cores in the
same socket. its also likely that the vm will crash when live migrated.

@gleb: do you know whats the state of in-kernel hyper-v timers?

peter

        David.