HI Tuomas

Em 20/08/2020 07:36, Tuomas Hietala escreveu:

> Also, will the strings be moved or just copied? I.e. will there be two
> copies of each extended tip to keep in sync?

The strings are copied. No changes in Help, and contents inside <ahelp>
tag will continue.

Synching back from extended tips to <ahelp> is possible but will require
some amount of development in the Help build.

Note: At the moment, we are only working to copy <ahelp> contents that
belongs to a dialog (known as an *.ui file). Contents related to .uno
command and HID codes often related to menus and toolbars) will be
addressed later.

Quality of the ahelp contents really deserves a second look at the
source level (English) and is a long-term, on going improvement work.
The extended tips copy from the <ahelp> tags aims to both rescue the
extend tips feature and existing contents and spare translation rework.

Finally, given the status of the <ahelp> (mis)usage in the Help, the
copy is a semi-automatic task.

Kind regards
--
Olivier Hallot