On 19/02/2021 15:09, Phillip Samuel wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm Phillip, and I wish to start a Luganda(Ganda) localization project.

Please create a valid, reliable spell checker for Ganda.
The last time I had to proofread a document in Ganda, it was an exercise in futility, because the document was an exemplar of bad Ganda spelling compounded by equally bad Ganda grammar, and the existing spell-checkers weren't any better.

A functional grammar checker would also be useful.

> I don't know how long translating the UI will take, probably a while,

It isn't uncommon for a12n projects to take two or three years to produce a beta localisation in the target language. At least a year is spent discussing what new words in the target language should be.

jonathon