On 13/09/16 10:34, Filippo Giunchedi wrote:

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Addshore <addshorew...@gmail.com
<mailto:addshorew...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hmm, I missed the comments on the ticket regarding removing the labs
    datasource from the production grafana.
    Is it really that confusing having a datasource called 'graphite'
    and one called 'graphite-labs' ?
    It's now impossible to make a dashboard using data from both sources
    for example.

The original motivation for not mixing production and labs datasources
in https://grafana.wikimedia.org is the expectation that all data
displayed was from production. grafana-labs though has both datasources
so it should be possible to do what you mentioned.

Hello,

I finally understood the motivation to have a second Grafana board, which is to grant any labs user the ability to create a dashboard without disturbing the WMF ones.

So we now have:

https://grafana.wikimedia.org/
  Datasource: production graphite
  Admins: restricted: nda/ops/wmf/grafana-admin LDAP groups

https://grafana-labs.wikimedia.org/
  Datasource: production graphite AND labs graphite
  Admins: wikitech users

The use case of mixing up labs and prod datasource was very narrow and from the task I was apparently the one having such case
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T120295#2420973

End result: grafana-labs.wikimedia.org is wide open and is probably the one anyone would want to use by default.

--------

As for this thread original request:

It’s been broken for almost a month now, and I’m very dependent on it
when monitoring my project.  To make matters worse, my project
doesn’t even show up on the list anymore.

I would really appreciate it if this could be fixed.

I have filled https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T146136

"Migrate Graphana dashboard "labs-project-board" from prod to labs Graphana instance"

Since I have no idea how to migrate a dashboard between instances.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso