In a message dated 8/6/2005 10:55:43 PM Mountain Daylight Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
i have heard that beer will attract them, but i wasn't sure if it would
kill them too.  i looked up ways to farm them.  i think that would be
great, but i have never tasted them.  i have heard that they taste good
from someone who says oysters taste bad, so i think he may have very
good taste.  i don't like oysters at all and still can't figure out how
to eat them.  they have little hairy green grassy insides that taste
horrible.  i am sure you cut them out, but what a small animal to go to
so much trouble for!?  i am going to find a local restaurant that
serves french food, so i can finally taste them.  i don't know any
local place that sells snails already prepared for home cooking unless
i mail order, and i don't want to even think of the price they would
charge if they did.

Things are slow, so I'm going to chime in again! Hope y'all will excuse my 
verbosity tonight....

I don't inow if the kind of snails I have (or had!) in my yard are the kind 
you can eat or not....If they are (or were) it's too bad I didn't harvest them, 
I guess. I swear I must have picked up around 400 of them over the past two 
months. Now there are only a few strays left, I expect, but no doubt more will 
return. They make such pretty silver trails I have always been tolerant, until 
I realized how much devastation they were causing to the plants. Now I find 
out I may have sacrificed my cash cow without knowing it! 

I did eat escargot once -- once was enough. They are kind of rubbery, and 
it's no wonder the French restaurant served them swimming in butter, herbs and 
garlic. That way they tasted all right, but it's not really my cup of tea. 

At any rate, if any one wants a shipment of snails for a very cheap price, 
let me know! There are plenty of them around here.

Last week we had our first rain and thunderstorm for quite some time. When I 
went out on the porch to watch it, I saw all of my neighbors out on their 
porches too, enjoying the storm Even though the wind was whipping around 
something 
fierce, the sudden downpour and the thunder and lightening were delightful to 
us! 

Ricki T
Utah

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to