On 8/14/08 10:00 PM, Pam and David Dotson wrote:

Every time I try to fry it, it sticks to the pan and
dissolves.  What am I doing wrong?

Been a while since I was thin enough to fry mush, but fried
mush is a very greasy dish -- you might be stinting on the
oil.

Also, get the oil hot before you put the mush in, and wait
until the slice is brown around the edges before trying to turn it -- the inside will be quite soft, but the fried-crisp layer holds it together.

It's also possible that the mush has too much water in it;
it should be necessary to pack the warm mush into the mold,
rather than pouring it in.
--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/