On 2/26/09 1:47 PM, Clay Blackwell wrote:

Well, I'm in Virginia, . . . . Last year, she was hit no fewer than three times!!!

Does Virginia allow the driver to keep the venison? I have been told that Indiana keeps a list of hard-up people who know how to dress a deer, and gives one of them the deer when the driver doesn't want it. By good fortune, I've never checked this out. We did hit a deer once, in New York State, but all we found was a sitzmark next to a chain-link fence. We figured that a deer who got out of there without leaving tracks on this side of the fence couldn't have been injured too badly -- we were going slow when it jumped into us, because Dave had started braking when he saw the first deer cross the road.

--
Joy Beeson
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/