At 11:06 PM 09/05/2009 +0100, Sue wrote:
>8 - 10 hrs maximum? That's when I realise how big the USA is, that's as far
>as me driving to Scotland for a workshop wow!
>
>Sue M Harvey
>Norfolk UK

When I first left home (Edinburgh) and moved South (to Hertfordshire) for a
job, I was so homesick I would take off after work on a Friday evening and
drive back home for the weekend - at least 8 hours each way, before
motorways replaced the ordinary roads - and back again on Sunday night to
get back to work on Monday morning.  

Do you remember those awful three-lane highways?  Only 3 lanes; the outer
ones for traffic each way, and the middle one for overtaking - yes,
overtaking for both directions!  You'd pull out, look past the car in front,
and see someone coming the other way straight towards you!  I am grateful
for roadworks and motorways now, as they've made my journeys so much safer.

Margery.
=================================================
[email protected] in North Hertfordshire, UK
=================================================

To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected].

Reply via email to