Hello lacemakers,

I have a few questions about thread.

I found a pattern that I want to do, it is a pattern by Karen Trend Nissen.
On the pattern it has a note:   24 par tr. nr. 80/3 B.  I think it means 24
pairs, thread # 80/3 Bomuld (cotton).  Is this correct?  Could anyone please
tell me what thread I could use?

I went to my thread collection and found linen Goldchilds Nel 80/3, Nm 50/3,
which at first I thought I could use until I decided that the B meant bomuld
(cotton).

Now I am really confused.  Why the 2 numbers on the thread?

Are linen and cotton threads numbered differently?  Please help!

Thanks for any help,

Irene Whitham
Surrey, BC