I have begun the process of turning the pricking for Pattern 11 in
Niven's Flanders Lace book (pgs. 52 - 53 in the new edition) into a
rectangular mat and have been going over the diagram vs. my
semi-finished product. While I was at it I noticed that the diagram and
the pricking don't match. Most  noticeable is the inner edge of the
corner which has two sets of two pinholes on the pricking but only two
single pinholes on the diagram. The other spots are similar, occurring
along the footside at the low point of each curve, on either side of the
center pinhole are two sets of two pinholes while on the diagram these
are single pinholes. For those who work Flanders, this would seem to
indicate two schools of thought on the working of these points, one
being what I think of as a one-point exchange and the other a two-point
exchange. Has anyone worked this pattern or have do any of the
experienced Flanders people have some thoughts to share on this?

Thanks!
Marcie