>>>From: Patricia Dowden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Also, I have since discovered bug pins which would have made the whole
process much, much easier.  The bug pins are small enough that I would not
have had the thread pinching problem.<<<

One warning with insect pins--you *must* pre-prick your pattern.  Insect
pins will bend if you try to push them through pricking card or plastic
cover (contact paper or "blue film"), especially the finer sizes.  I would
estimate size 2 pins are about the thickness of fine silk pins from the
dressmaker shop, but the insect pins go down to at least 0000.  They're
longer than most lacemaking or sewing pins, which can be a problem if you're
doing a motif and need to push them all the way down into a pillow that's
not thick enough.  And they're expensive (a couple of dollars per hundred),
but worth it for really fine work.

Robin P.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA