Patty,

Thank very much for your notes about the silk threads, and the tips about
wetting the knots.  I know I can get Pipers Silks in the UK from their web
site, but I will look out for the other threads you mention.

What are insect pins?  I've never heard of them!

Regards,
Annette,
London

> Dear Annette,
>
> I have used just about every kind of silk and I finally worked a miniature
parasol from Ann Collier's book of miniature lace for dollhouses (can't
remember the exact title.)  From my experience with the miniature parasol
which I first tried to work in 140 or 160 cotton and it just disintegrated.
So I got serious and pulled out some unboiled 3 ply silk in pale blue with
boiled silk, doubled, in white for the gimp.  I was very happy with the
results....