My lace class is making a group entry for the Lace Guild's "Myth & Mystery"
competition and our piece is a freestanding totem pole.

Can any of our Canadian spiders tell me if the First Nations use symbols for
earth, air, fire and water which would be used on totem poles and if so what
they are, as I've looked on the net but can't find anything (maybe I'm
looking in the wrong places) and our local UK library is not into things
Canadian.

If there are such symbols and any of you knowledgeable spiders can send me
drawings of them privately I would be most grateful.

Dina, who thanks you in advance for your help.