i don't know of any canadian totem poll symbols for earth, air, water,
and fire, but if you want to use the keltic symbols for your totem
poll, it would be:  an eagle or bird for air, a bull for earth, a
dolphin, fish, or water nymph for water, and a dragon for fire. i hope
that helps even though i am sure that is not what you need.   good
luck.

--- Dina Lecker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My lace class is making a group entry for the Lace Guild's "Myth &
> Mystery"
> competition and our piece is a freestanding totem pole.
>
> Can any of our Canadian spiders tell me if the First Nations use
> symbols for
> earth, air, fire and water which would be used on totem poles and if
> so what
> they are, as I've looked on the net but can't find anything (maybe
> I'm
> looking in the wrong places) and our local UK library is not into
> things
> Canadian.
>
> If there are such symbols and any of you knowledgeable spiders can
> send me
> drawings of them privately I would be most grateful.
>
> Dina, who thanks you in advance for your help.
>
> -
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the
> line:
> unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
from susan in tennessee,u.s.a.