At 09:42 AM 11/8/2003 -0000, you wrote:
>I too learnt to the chant of ' 2 over 3 and 2 & 4 back, 2 over 3' and still
>teach it that way. 

Never thought of it that way -- never heard it said just that way.  When 
manning the 'try it' pillow and talking someone through the stitches, I 
found myself saying, "middle (two threads) cross to the right, then both 
pairs to the left", then,  "middle right, both left".  It shortens down to,
"middle, both, middle".  If they persisted past a dozen stitches, then I 
would start inserting the correct terms of cross and twist.

Maybe methods for dealing with 5-minute-lacemakers are different from
teaching a serious student.  I'll have to think on this when I get a new
student.

Happy lacing,

Alice in Oregon -   Brisk cold wind today.  Clear but chilly.
Oregon Country Lacemakers          
Arachne Secret Pal Administrator          
Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]        
                                

                                        

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to