Hello Alice and All,

When I did the Crucifixion earlier this year I bought a piece of styrofoam which when cut in half was 23 1/2" square. A friend's husband mace a base for it and I made extra "pillow pieces" - in thirds, the outside thirds in one piece and the middle one in three sections. Being a quilter as well I had a supply of wool wadding to put on top of the foam (actually did both sides), then covered each piece with homespun.

Working the 92 pair picture I also used extra cloths to separate bunches of bobbins and 10 stitch holders used by knitters. I made a cover/bag out of denim with buttons up the sides and top, and put pieces of denim down the sides which are tied together with ribbon over the covered work in progress before bringing the other half up and buttoning it all together. I put the finest wadding between the denim and the lining and handle - which is in one "circular" piece attached to the outside of the bag.

At the moment I have a 4 1/2" edge in progress (from Lace for Church use), and have the "thirds" pillows in the base. If I manage to work several pieces on each side of each "pillow" it will have been worth. I have Eeva-Liisa's "Thanking" and "Woman at the Well" patterns and also hope to do the "Guardian Angel on the Bridge" at some time in the future.

From: Alice Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [lace] lace pattern
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 19:49:50 -0800

At 12:50 AM 12/4/2003, you wrote:
The nice thing about Eeva-Liisa's patterns is that they work.......
I agree with the person who said that you need a large pillow, (flat). These are big patterns.

I haven't made a large pattern, but I tried to imagine making one. What
pillow would I use..... Has anyone tried doing one on a large bolster pillow?
It seems like that would be a practical method of working with a very large
pattern.

Happy lacing,

Alice in Oregon -- Where rain is listed for the next week.