>      I have learned a half stitch, a whole stitch, a whole stitch with a
> twist, a footside (yeah I finally got it).  I just need something to play with, is
> that enough or do I need more knowledge.  I am happy and very eager to learn.
>  I am a good student  :)
>
Well done  - you have the basic stitches needed for almost all bobbin lacemaking!  I 
would second Aurelia's
suggestion that you get a good book. Some libraries carry lace books - particularly if 
there is an active
group of lacemakers in the area.

If you want to buy an organised course (and live in the USA) have a look at Lorelei's 
page for her "Torchon
Bobbin Lace Lessons"  and also her lace lessons:
http://www.loreleihalley.com/lacelessons.htm

Jo Edkin's has a website with lace lessons
http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/lace/index.htm
My guess is that you would be able to tackle the beginner's pattern and the zig-zag 
patterns which are up on
the site. I couldn't get all the other pages to open today, so can't comment on them.

There is also on online course
http://www.laceresources.com.au/html/torchon_outline.html
which is set-up in Australia.

I have not used any of these, so can;t really comment on their ease of use, but I do 
own Lorelei's first book,
which is very organised as I have said. She has worked the patterns in many colours so 
that you can see where
all the threads go.

Where do you live? Do you have another lacemaker near you, who can offer advice and 
assistance?
Sue Babbs
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to