On Jan 13, 2004, at 17:54, Clay Blackwell wrote:

My copy of the Bulletin arrived today and I rushed off to my
easy chair to savor it!!

Mine hasn't yet, and I'm only 50miles away... Drat the PO; can't imagine what route they're taking if Susan in Raleigh, NC (deeper South) has got it too... Sigh... Maybe tomorrow...

Debra has really done a magnificent job, once again.

Debra, BTW, is on Arachne also; she just doesn't have much time for reading and less for posting, being always busy getting out the next Bulletin... She probably deserves more kudos than anyone else; if she hadn't managed to, somehow, scramble up the money for colour, I, for one, would probably continue sending my patterns to Lace (which has colour) rather than to IOLI. I don't mind publishing my patterns for a smaller audience, but I don't like going to all the trouble of chosing/finding "just so" colours, only to have the whole thing reduced to an indistinct mess of shades of grey; keeping an extensive palette in several thread lines is an expensive proposition, and making different colours "behave" isn't always easy, either...

-----
Tamara P Duvall
Lexington, Virginia,  USA
Formerly of Warsaw, Poland