The art-world didn't know much of the private life of Vermeer that's why I didn't like this book. In this book he is shown as a fanatic which didn't care of other peoples feeling. And there is not much in about life in the Netherlands of 17.cent.
If there is somebody who is searching for this I would say look in your library if there is an english version of the exhibition book"Von (From) Frans Hals (till) bis Vermeer". It was the book from the Gem�ldegalerie Berlin for the exhibition they had in 1984. In this book you find a lot about life in 17.cent in the Netherlands especially about women, because they had a strong position at that time. One paragraph is about Textile workers. If it is not to find let me know and I will try to tell a summary in english but not immediately because I am very busy at the moment with other things. If I should do so privately or over the list it's up to the group.
Greetings from sunny but still cold Hamburg in Germany
Ilske
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
