Years ago, when I was teaching Cake Decorating, I had two women who never
finished the evening's project.  I worried about it until I spoke to them
directly, and found it was just a 'girl's night out'.  They didn't care if
they finished or even began the design.  They could have been bowling or
anything else to be 'out' and together.
Fortunately, they had staked out the back table on their own and didn't
bother the others.

Lorri