Weronikia, if you're a jeans & T-shirts kinda gal, I've noticed some machine 
embroidery down the side seams of jeans, how about some lace?  Perhaps an insert at 
the side seam of jeans or shorts coming from the hem up so you don't have to do the 
whole side seam.  I am managing to modify Torchon patterns to a point or diagonal 
easily enough.  I start with the bobbins wound in pairs and this gives me a nice 
starting edge.  But many bookmark patterns have points or nice starts, then the edge 
of the lace you tied off to finish could be hidden under the hem of the jeans/shorts.  

Cinde/Samrah
who's technically old enough to be a grandma (45), but didn't manage to find the right 
man at the right time for babies ;o)
 
PS  I belong to a historical recreation group called "Society for Creative 
Anachronism".  My lace teacher, who lives down in San Diego, California, does lovely 
lace, and makes enough to do Cavalier style dresses, like the ones worn in the Three 
Musketeers movies....  It takes a tolerance for repetition which can be learned (I do 
large amounts of the same pattern of embroidery), but watching (or mostly listening 
to) a good movie at the same time helps.
 

                
---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25�

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to