>Ruth Budge wrote:
> I'm deprived! I only have five pillows - a fact that I've just pointed out to
> DH, along with the statistical report from Canada! He's "agreed" that I've
> showed admirable restraint .... a fact which I'll remind him of when I see
> something else I want to buy!!!!
I'm limited to 4 + 2 pillows, but I see it as imposing discipline rather than
deprivation. I like finishing one piece in order to free up a suitable pillow for the
next. The 4 limit is the number of flat pillows that will fit in the cupboard that my
husband made. The 2 are a Honiton pillow and a travel pillow, the only non-flat
shapes that I want so far.
The cupboard has to be big enough for my 'German' block pillow. For big projects, or
using lots of bobbins, I find that a big pillow is easier to use. The 'German' block
pillow has 9 blocks about 25cm square, in a wooden frame. Although I'm even shorter
than Tamara, this pillow isn't too big a stretch for me, because I can move the blocks
around. It has become my favourite pillow that I use for nearly everything, but I
wouldn't recommend it as a first pillow for a beginner. The blocks are made of foam
with a wool felt covering. This is a really luxurious working surface that holds the
pins tightly, but without the expense of all wool. As long as I can buy replacement
blocks from Germany it will never wear out.
Regards Steph
Enjoying the sunshine by the sea in Scarborough, U.K.
-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]