Janet
If you will have only one pillow, I suggest a round cookie shaped one, since
it can be used for any kind of bobbin lace.  I like a size in the range of
18 to 21 inches in diameter.  An Ethafoam pillow would be nearly the
cheapest, and lasts quite long.  (Styrofoam is cheaper and easier to find,
but it makes crumbs, and since the crumbs are bits of the pillow turning
itself into crumbs, it develops a depression in the area where you stick
most of the pins.  Styrofoam will last a year or two, but that may be
enough.)

If your primary interest is torchon or one of the point ground laces, then a
roller insert pillow is best.  It is easy to make yardage, easy to set pins.
Turning corners isn't that difficult.

Please look at the recommendations on my website, where I've posted other
advice.
http://www.loreleihalley.com/lacelessons.htm

I've also posted directions for making a pillow out of plywood and woven
woolen scraps.
http://www.loreleihalley.com/makingapillow.htm

Lorelei

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to