(Styrofoam is cheaper and easier to find, > but it makes crumbs, and since the crumbs are bits of the pillow turning > itself into crumbs, it develops a depression in the area where you stick > most of the pins. Styrofoam will last a year or two, but that may be > enough.)
I did find a use for Styrofoam in pillows. I was making a layered wool (old blankets) pillow and didn't have enough layers for the the depth needed. So I used a fairly thin (3/4 to 1 inch) piece of styrofoam as the base layer and worked up from there. It worked great as the pins only go into the wool layers, and it reduced the total weight of the pillow. I have been using it for several years now. But Lorelei is right I wouldn't want to work on just styrofoam. I also have a few (2 or 3) pillows of builders foam and I cover them with 2-3 layers of blanket also, I don't like the sound of the bobbins on the foam surface. JMHO Lorri - To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
