On May 1, 2004, at 20:55, Jane Viking Swanson wrote:

Hi All,  I got Catherine Barley's NL book for my birthday last
week (DH let me do the shopping).  It is fantastic!

Barley's NL patterns are the only ones which make me feel *really, really* sorry for myself and the "toxic sweat" which seems pouring out of my hands, no matter that I wash them thrice as often as Lady Macbeth... :)


I do know the thinner threads will look bigger when I work with them. The holes in the Carrickmacross net looked impossibly small to me at first but once I tried buttonholing around them they got bigger (to my eye at least).

That's something I noticed in my BL work also; when I first change from a thicker to a thinner thread (especially if it's a radcal rather than a relative change), the thinner thread seems -- at first -- to be impossibly invisible. But, after a while, it becomes as clear as the thicker one had been... I think the eye adjusts, while the hands (skills) take over and continue as before.


I *am*, however, losing my eyesight, in addition to my memory (old age is the pits; don't do it <g>); threading the finer needles (to finish off a project) is slowly becoming a problem, as is weaving the threads into the project to finish them off securely.

Lilies-of-the-Valley are out too. What a divine fragrance!

Lucky you; ours aren't out yet -- I've been checking daily (well, not today, since it rained all day).
-----
Tamara P Duvall
Lexington, Virginia, USA
Formerly of Warsaw, Poland
http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd/


-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to