On Apr 26, 2004, at 15:41, Barb ETx wrote:
[...] I use wide-mouth mason jar....hang the wound pair over mouth edge...one inside and one outside. Never saw a reason to change. In fact, when bobbins wound, I drop the thread in the jar, screw on the top and keep it clean and handy.
And, Karen in Coventry wrote:
[...] have a tall plastic tupperware jug which I use when I need something to hold bobbins. It is straightsided and fairly stable, and can be covered with a cover cloth. One of the bobbins sits inside, it's pair on the outside. Having a handle also makes
it easy to carry!
Ooooh... I like it! Years and years ago, I "appropriated" a box which my DH says used to be his father's humidor. Wood, heavy (and therefore stable), 5x5x7", with pretty, flowery carvings (moldings?) on all 4 sides... It doesn't have a handle to carry it by, but it does have a lid. And I'll have to stick some felt on the edges where the threads will hang and on the inside of the lid, since the inside isn't as smoothly finished as the outside, but that's easy enough...
Many thanks, Barbara and Karen, and everyone who'd participated in the "improvised bobbin tree" thread; after almost 31 yrs, I finally know what to do with it (it'd just been standing around being pretty, which irked me. I like to *use* pretty things)... It'll just have to wait for the next big project where many pairs are added one by one but, after years and years, what are a few more months? <g>
Clay gave me a pretty box (this one does have a handle, but no lid <g>) last October and I've been eying *that* with regard to its usefulnes as a "bobbin parking lot" but it's filled with gadzillions of coloured pencils and felt pens, and it'll take me *years* to use them up, and free the box (the step grandchildren are all, with one exception, past the age where they're interested in drawing. I had *so* hoped they'd help me during their recent visit <g>). Now I don't have to worry about using them fast... :)
PS. I've just unscrewed the knob on the lid of the humidor, separating the "funny" insert from the main body of the lid. The hidden part of the insert (metal) says (in all caps): "manf'd. by aztec clay moistener co" and: "Reg. Aztec U.S. Pat Office, New York, N.Y". No date, alas.
----- Tamara P Duvall Lexington, Virginia, USA Formerly of Warsaw, Poland http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd/
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
