I know this probably doesn't set the thread as well as a bobbin tree, but somebody 
might find it helpful somewhere.  I am sure I am reinventing the wheel.  
 
I have been meaning to make myself an embroidered bobbin roll.  I did a lovely one for 
my teacher with Celtic birds and braids done in cross stitch and herringbone stitch to 
divide the pockets.  It was tea stained on the outside and safflower stained (yellow) 
on the inside.  
 
But, until I am able to do one for myself (and it will be a time-consuming  project, I 
like lots of embroidery), I used a bit of crochet thread and crocheted a sort of 
figure 8, then crocheted scallops around that to make it look a bit prettier.  The 
hole of the 8 needs to be big enough for you to back whatever type of bobbin you are 
using in.  I did a couple dozen of these little dudes to keep the extra wound pairs 
together so I can put them into a bag for travel or storage without them turning into 
a horrible mess.  I even used a few of them to keep pairs together on the pillow when 
I turned my first corner this morning.
 
Hope it helps somebody somewhere.
 
Cinde 
in overly sunny southern California, hoping we will be blessed with just a few more 
days of spring

                
---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs 

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to