Mark
Brok 36/2 is just about mid way between the two sizes of Tanne that you have. Egyptian cotton 60/2 is very similar to the Tanne 50. The tatting cottons are marginally thicker, but if they are double spun (DMC Special Dentelles etc) the lace will be crisper and won't fold so well as with Brok.


Twilley's Gold Dust is a thick metallic thread - the type that is made like a very long length of crochet chain (US single crochet?). If you pull at the end it will unravel.

Brenda

On 18 May 2004, at 17:29, Mark, aka Tatman wrote:

I will be doing the Springett torchon fan and it calls for 36/2 Brok
thread and also Gold Dust(not sure what that is other than a metallic). I
don't have the Brok or Gold Dust and would like to find the equivalent. I
do have Tanne size 30 and 50 and Egyptian Cotton size 60/2. And in my
tatting thread stash I have TONS of size 70-80 tatting cotton and also some
finer threads like Corona Cotton size 100 and 160(very strong cotton cord
perfect for tatting). I still have a long way to go to build up my BLacing
thread stash. Just doesn't seem to overlap my tatting thread stash LOL!


Brenda
http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/paternoster/

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to