On 19 May 2004, at 00:07, Samrah wrote:
I know I need Brenda's book, but as I am just starting the book list is really long. How does Brok 36/2 compare to Brokman's 35/3? I know we are dealing with 2 ply vs. 3 ply, but are they close in size?
Assuming you mean Bockens 35/3:
There's quite a lot of difference. Brok 36/2 is a two ply cotton and Bockens 35/3 is a three ply linen.
Linen always works up a bit stiffer and with more 'body' than cotton, and with similar fibres a three ply is firmer and rounder than a two ply.
Size wise these threads are pretty different too - I measured the Brok 36/2 as 32 wraps/cm which would suit a 2mm grid for torchon. The Bockens 35/3 is only 18 wraps/cm and would suit a 3mm torchon grid
Brenda http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/paternoster/
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
